We are always looking for friendly and motivated Cooks, Cashiers and Managers to join Our Team. Click here to learn more and apply!
Please visit us online at www.habitburger.com/careers to complete an application. You may also apply in person at any of our locations.
Entry-level positions only require the right attitude, availability and motivation. You can also include any previous work, school or volunteer experience.
Experienced cooks and cashier applicants may add their work history to the application.
We recommend manager applications include a formal resume with all relevant work history information.
- 1 year experience in food service/hospitality desired but not required
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Basic math and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on Restaurant needs
- Food handler’s card may be required according to local and or state regulations. California Applicants: A California Food Handler Card is required.
Shared “Habit” values;
- H – Hospitality: satisfy & delight our customers
- A – Attitude: enthusiastic, positive energy
- B – Be the best: daily pursuit of excellence
- I – Integrity: do the right thing, even when difficult
- T – Teamwork: do your job well and help others do theirs
The Habit offers significant opportunities for personal growth and career advancement. With our “Designed Growth” Training and Support Systems, we reward outstanding work, promoting from within and building long-term relationships with our employees. It is fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career! Each year we open more locations than the year before – whether you want to stay in your hometown or explore somewhere new, The Habit has the career opportunity for you!
Cashier and cook positions have a designated trainer for their first few shifts before entering our on-going training program provided to all team members.
Managers enter our 7 Week Management Training with assigned trainers throughout the program. The first three weeks focus on “back of the house”, the next three weeks “front of the house” and a final week of transition in your assigned restaurant.
The “Habit Difference” is our culture of ongoing career development beyond your initial position training. Every location is a training store and every manager a trainer. In addition, our dedicated training department oversees quarterly training goals throughout the company!
Our goal is to have your application reviewed within 48 hours. Based on your qualifications and availability, you will be contacted regarding next steps.
We are looking for a minimum of 2 years management experience in a supervisory role within the restaurant industry. If you have the desire to manage without the required experience, you can begin your career with us as a Cook or Cashier with the potential to enter our internal Management Development Program.
Depending upon being designated as full or part time, team member or manager, we offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Quarterly Bonus Program for Managers
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Referral Bonus Programs
We provide logo’d shirts and a contribution to non-slip shoes.
Cashiers: We provide high quality, performance fabric polo shirts with tone on tone Habit logos. You provide your own blue jeans and black non-slip shoes.
Cooks: We provide high quality t-shirts & hats you provide black workpants and non-slip shoes.
Kitchen Managers: In addition to the cook uniform, upon promotion we provide custom embroidered Chef Coats.
Managers: We provide high quality, performance fabric polo shirts with tone on tone Habit logos. You provide black, khaki, or grey slacks.
Hours may vary by location, however we open at 10:30 am and typically close between 10:00pm and 11:00pm. Team members may arrive up to 2 hours early to prepare opening duties and stay about 1 ½ hours to complete the closing tasks.